How to make homeschooling fun must be one of the top questions I’m asked. I can’t even describe the pure beauty of those moments when learning just happens in the midst of family fun or when my children’s play inspires them to make, and explore, and find out. But it is when you know that it’s all going to work out OK and you are doing a great job at this homeschooling thing.
Incorporating fun, informal learning activities into your homeschool is great for far more than 101 reasons. It can serve to:
- break up the monotony of the everyday schedule,
- spark interest in subjects outside the normal course of study,
- help reluctant learners find joy in learning and build confidence,
- add some educational value to sick days, holiday breaks, or just those days when you’re asking, “Can this count as school?”, and
- provide some direction or inspiration during the deschooling process or if you’re unschooling.
So without further ado, here are a few – or actually 101 – of our absolute favorite reasons to make homeschooling fun.